lørdag 6. september 2008

Worry Doll

you cry and plee
everytime you feel bad
you run to me
as if I'm the one you never had.

'cause you can't rely on others like you can on me
the ones who's supposed to be closer to you than I
there's something they don't get, I know who to be.
that's why it's to me you complain and cry.

but what if this shoulder's got burdens too?
sometimes your cries tips the weight so I fall
I can't always be here for you
I can't always be your worry doll

the one you come to, in agony you crawl
picking me down from your toy shelf
telling of your misery and all
all that's about you and yourself

a painted face, open eyes
to embrace all your mutters
while you choke all my tries
to say how I feel in utters

porcelain skin is indeed cold white
and your shaking hands has kept me warm
of course I'd do what I know is right
I don't want you to feel any harm

but now that I'm crumbling under all your weight
my exterior's starting to crack
and I can no longer wait
to explain you your personal lack

you need to stop and listen with care
to others than your own concerns and trouble
you need to become more aware
that you're giving me worries the double

I need to break out of this porcelain shell
and act on my own stake
'cause lately I'm not feeling well
but now I'm starting to awake

Ingen kommentarer: